Hay Prices and Buyers - Page 2 - Market Talk - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 2

Photo
- - - - -

Hay Prices and Buyers

hay price buyers market sales

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 rjmoses

rjmoses

Hay Master

• Members
  • 4907 posts
  • LocationNear St Louis

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

There is usually a two week cycle to the hay auction around here. First week prices are low. The sellers talk and say iam not going to bring any next week. The buyers talk about the good deals and next week they each bring a friend. Next week half the hay twice the buyers. Prices go up. Buyers go away saying its too high not coming next week. Sellers say wow look at those prices I better take a load or two in next week. Next week comes around twice the hay with half the buyers. Price of hay is low and cycle starts over again.

Same here--except when it's rainy/snowy.

Ralph

#22 JD3430

JD3430

“Not a real farmer” farmer

• Members
  • 10999 posts
  • LocationBANANA REPUBLIC of America

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

There was a guy on here that was having a "fire sale" I think it was.......think they were 105# each with an average of 94# :o

Come on up here. We give it away!!

#23 endrow

endrow

• Members
  • 4338 posts
  • Locationcentral pa

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

In Lancaster Pa Hay Auctions are strong . We had a 2 month dry spell that affected many but not all areas in central Pa. Lots of buyers this year .

• Vol likes this

#24 Lostin55

Lostin55

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • LocationBig Horn Basin Wyoming

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

I am just now getting sold out. It is perfect timing for me, I just have to figure up what the nags and cattle will need and I am set.
The prices locally are in the tank, with premium 2nd sm sq alf bringing 150/ton and less. 400 miles South on the front range of Colorado the auctions have sold the same quality of hay at 300 plus recently.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hay, price, buyers, market, sales

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors