Balewagon Operation and Troubleshooting/Repair - Page 7 - Machinery - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 7

Photo
- - - - -

Balewagon Operation and Troubleshooting/Repair

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 Josh in WNY

Josh in WNY

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationGowanda, NY

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

I am running an old 1046 balewagon here.  The problem I'm having is if I stop too fast or even go over some uneven ground, the last row that just got flipped up by the second table will buckle in the middle and fall back to the second table.  It is a very frustrating issue on a hot day to re-stack as the top bales are hard to get lifted that high.  Has anyone added some fingers or something to hold the center of the stack in place?  If so what did you use?  

Thanks, Jim

Jim, I run a pull-type 1033 stacker wagon so I might not be able to help too much.  The first thing I would check would be the rolling rack to make sure nothing was binding up.  If the rolling rack gets twisted or there are bent spots in the track that is runs on, it can cause problems.  The other thing to check would be the return trip of the 2nd table.  If that got bent or out of adjustment, it may not be putting the bales fully onto the load rack.

Hope this help,

Josh

#122 jimrm

jimrm

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Michigan

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:22 AM

Josh, I think it was the rolling rack that had the problem.  Three of the four rollers had flat spots worn on them. Welded them up and turned on the lathe with the proper taper to fit the channel. It rolls a lot better now. 

#123 jimrm

jimrm

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Michigan

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

Just a quick confirmation on the rolling rack.  It was the problem, it wasn't moving back easy enough and was causing the bales to compress when the second table went up.  When the second table went down the stack would relax and move the last row halfway off the third table edge.

• Josh in WNY likes this

#124 onthehill

onthehill

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:59 AM

Need help.  I picked up a NH 1033 at a farm sale.  The 2nd table went up OK but will not lower.  Any ideas. 

#125 SpeckleCreekRanch

SpeckleCreekRanch

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:16 AM

Can you lower it manually? It may only need the return linkage adjusted. Send the table up and then have a look on the right hand side of the machine under the arm that trips to send the table upwards. There are a couple nuts on a rod you can adjust to change how far the second table will push the last load back, they may need adjusting. You can use a stick to manually work the linkage safely out of way to get a feel for how it works without having bales on the machine.
  • r82230 likes this

#126 Eric W 998

Eric W 998

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:46 PM

I have a NH 1049 that we purchased last year. Everything works on the machine, except the first table will not lower on its own, however it can be lowered manually. Can't seem to figure out what is supposed to trip the table back down once the cylinder has reached the end of the stroke. Tried doing some research, but couldn't figure anything out. Thought someone here might have some experience with it. 

#127 HayMike

HayMike

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationWest of Akron Ohio

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:02 PM

The linkage is right behind the cab, under the first table.  Clean and lube, adjust according to manual. 

#128 Marc_in_CO

Marc_in_CO

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado (Front Range)

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:56 PM

H&S Farms,
Did you ever figure out the issue with the 2nd table stopping midway?

on the 1049 it just stops once the lever returns. I have to finish the cycle using the lever.

As for the 1069, talked to roeder imp. KS today and it was a pretty simple fix. I had to remove the cover on the back side of the valve body and free the pool up. Luckily for me I believe it was just ceased to the cover cause as soon as I removed it it freed up. Mine has a seperate lever as well.

I love the 1069 vs my old 1049! (so far) moved around 1200 bales with it today, and that's a sweeet machine!

#129 coorskurt

coorskurt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWestcliffe Colorado

Posted 26 April 2020 - 07:55 PM

I'm new to the forum.

I recently bought a 1047S bale wagon.

It is well used and abused.

My Question is about the brake booster. It has a unit below the master cylinder that has a port that pulls vacuum. Is it supposed to connect with a hose to somewere?

Any help would be appreciated.

#130 Ray 54

Ray 54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationPaso Robles Ca

Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:07 PM

I'm new to the forum.

I recently bought a 1047S bale wagon.

It is well used and abused.

My Question is about the brake booster. It has a unit below the master cylinder that has a port that pulls vacuum. Is it supposed to connect with a hose to somewere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Most of the running gear on the old bale wagons is Ford F600. Find a old service book for Ford and see if it looks the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors