Favorite tractor when growing up - Page 10 - Tractor Talk - HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community - Page 10

Photo

Favorite tractor when growing up

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#181 Kaen3e

Kaen3e

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSouth idaho

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:26 PM

Ford 7000 Michael Keaton's ranch next door owned it so dad and grandpa told me I was running the bat mobile tractor. I took it when we sold that Montana ranch it started when nothing else would in the winter. Eventually sold it to a coworker he loves it 6k hrs and running like a top

#182 YoungFarmerinMN

YoungFarmerinMN

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Minnesota

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:22 PM

My Favorite tractor was my dads IH 656 Hydro on the feeder Wagon. burned a gallon of oil for every tank of diesel, but I never got over listening to that run every morning and every evening to feed the cattle.

• glasswrongsize likes this

#183 AncientIron

AncientIron

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:29 PM

Have 2.
An International 300U
As well as an International 460 Diesel.
Learned to drive the 300 when I was 7. Picking stones and roots. I have the one I grew up with, and two more. Love those tractors.

#184 wilsonb

wilsonb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:38 AM

Mine was a MF35 Deluxe.  This was my Great Gandfather's tractor and the first I learned to drive.  I still have it to this day and still use it; great little tractors.

• Vol likes this

#185 Shawn1234

Shawn1234

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUP of Michigan

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:14 AM

I would have to say my favorite tractor growing up was our ford 2600 diesel. I remember every spring and every fall tilling our 20 acre field with a 7ft 3pt disk. No cab, no radio. Even though it would take me about a good 8 hours to cover the whole field, and if it was hard soil and dry that year I would have to go over it twice to get a decent seed bed. I did this from the age of 8 to 19, then the field was passed down to me and now I work it with a JD 5100e with a cab and a 12ft pull type disk. even though it was not to much fun with the old ford, I will always remember it. I also just bought the tractor from my dad and I just got done with fall tillage, with the old 2600. I just wanted to bring back old memories. We now have 8700 hours on the tractor, with I have never heard of a 2600 with that many hours on it, it is just built like a tank and keeps trucking along.

• Coondle likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors