Hay & Forage Forum banner

Vermeer 554 XL Twine Arm Problem

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Tim/South 
#1 ·
I need help with my twine arms, when extended to tie, they are actually hitting the bale near full extension, which causes them to jamb. I have to then free up the arms where jambed in bale. The lower tie arm was hitting the pickup teeth, so i adjusted up, and then the upper arm started hitting the bale. My tooth to starter roll clearance appears to be right a 3", as does roughly 2" from pickup tooth to ground. I must be missing something, but i just don't seem to be able to have the arms high enought to clear the teeth but low enough to not hit the bale. ?? Hay on the ground and i can't get anything done??

This baler is new to me, so I am trying to figure out what to look for???

#5 ·
Can you slide the pick up back a little? not exactly certain how the 554 is set up. On my Vermeer baler you adjust the entire pick up back toward the chamber until the pick up teeth just barely clear the throat. This helps put the hay where it needs to be.

Not sure that is the answer, just what came to mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.