Hay & Forage Forum banner

Work boots

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Shetland Sheepdog 
#1 ·
What is a good brand of work boots that last, I used to wear red wings, they don't last near like they used to.

#4 ·
I wear Woverine Durashocks on the concrete at work. I can get a good two years out of them when only used at work in the dry. Get them wet or in manure and forget about it. Besides Muckboots, I havent found a boot that lasts more than a year on the farm. I bought all different brands of hiking boots. Currently have a pair of Justin boots. They are about done after 9 months.

#6 ·
My part time day job employer gives a yearly 50 buck boot allowance (a downpayment on a good pair...no more) so I use that to help out. We have to have ANSI certified toes or metatarsal over shields on ours.

If you really have a deep wallet, want an extremely comfortable, well gripping boot that wears like iron but aren't ANSI certified, I suggest Kennetreck's. I have a pair for out west hunting and they are, by far, the most comfortable boot I've ever worn and also the most expensive by far but you get what you pay for, like everything else.....

Reactions: somedevildawg
#10 ·
Got 2 pair of Redwings 12-14 years old! Still working on wearing them out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.