Hay & Forage Forum banner

Mr. Devildawg

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Vol 
#1 ·
Did the other team show-up Saturday?

#2 ·
Ya know its a shame....Troy state (Alabama) has a great program, they are a class down from Georgia but they have been dominating the last few years, of course the schedule is made well n advance of the seasons so this game has been scheduled for some years. We typically play one of the non conference games to div 1 opponents at least once a year.....Ga southern, middle tenn, south Alabama, etc. most times those teams can play with an SEC team for a half, then depth begins to rear it's head.....but this year, Troy state has started now 0-3 probably their worst start EVER....I know the coaches had to be sayin "great, were 0-2 and now we have to go between the hedges at UGA". But the good thing for UGA, we got to look at a lot of players, all three QB's played (and all 3 threw TDs I believe) and only a couple of injuries.....

#3 ·
I remember a few years ago when Troy ran the spread offense, coached by a spread offense guru. They put up @ 500 yards of offense against Nebraska. Troy lost the game, defense could not hang with Nebraska's tractor size linemen. Still made for a good gams. It was the most offense put up against Nebraska that year.

#4 ·
Yes, and about three years ago they put up over 600 yards of offense against Derek Dooley and my Vols....and Troy gave up about the same. That was with the Dooley/Sal Suneri 3-4 bend but don't break defense. Thank the Lord we are now heading the other direction. It will take two more recruiting classes before we are competitive in the SEC. I am not looking forward to going between the hedges and facing Gurley and company this Saturday. Just hope we can make a good showing. The dawgs are favored by 19....:(

Regards, Mike

#6 ·
Yes, and about three years ago they put up over 600 yards of offense against Derek Dooley and my Vols....and Troy gave up about the same. That was with the Dooley/Sal Suneri 3-4 bend but don't break defense. Thank the Lord we are now heading the other direction. It will take two more recruiting classes before we are competitive in the SEC. I am not looking forward to going between the hedges and facing Gurley and company this Saturday. Just hope we can make a good showing. The dawgs are favored by 19.... :(

Regards, Mike
I remember the intense rivalry between Alabama and Tennessee. That was always a knock-down-drag out.

The third Saturday in October. Tape on the jock strap and get ready for some football. Slobber Knocking football at it's finest.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Couldn't get the link.....here are some pics of Ga freshman running back Nick Chubb.....they are comparing him to Walker.....good company to be sure, he's big, Olympic sprinter speed (like Walker), and a really good kid from what I hear, not a thug like Crowell and so many more.....

This guy will be special for UGA....

Btw, he's the one in the air at the starting blocks....and for those who don't know, Hershel Walker is on the left in the pic, Chubb on the right...

Attachments

#12 ·
Well Vol's team is getting better under Butch Jones......make no mistake, we will be back.....and maybe sooner than many think. Jones has had only 1 1/2 classes recruited by him....give him two more years and we will be in our rightful position. Only Alabama has won more games and more SEC titles than Tennessee.....and no one else has more victories against Alabama than Tennessee. Tennessee has beaten Alabama more consecutive times than anyone. We have flat out sucked for 8 years.....but the worm has turned. Go Big Orange.

Regards, Mike

#13 ·
Well Vol's team is getting better under Butch Jones......make no mistake, we will be back.....and maybe sooner than many think. Jones has had only 1 1/2 classes recruited by him....give him two more years and we will be in our rightful position. Only Alabama has won more games and more SEC titles than Tennessee.....and no one else has more victories against Alabama than Tennessee. Tennessee has beaten Alabama more consecutive times than anyone. We have flat out sucked for 8 years.....but the worm has turned. Go Big Orange.

Regards, Mike
Heard a tale that they was talkin bout lane kiffen comin back.....sorry just couldn't help myself ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.