Hay & Forage Forum banner

Case 7140 problem plz help

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  haybaler101 
#1 ·
I jus finished big baling and I was driving my case 7140 down the road. And out of nowhere it jus shut off it didn't sputter or nothing. It jus cut power. And all it does is crank over. But doesn't fire. I checked the fuel shut off fuses and there good. I switched around the relays and still does same thing. I holded open the fuel shutoff lever near the Fuel solenoid and still nothing

#2 ·
Manually resetting the fuel shutoff should get at least a brief firing if there is fuel coming to the pump. Sounds to me like your not getting fuel to the injector pump. What happens if you crack a bleed fitting on the filters and manually work the lift pump?

#3 ·
If it just shut off, it must be electrical? You should use a test light and make sure you have current to the shut off. You can use a jumper wire and go direct from the battery to the shut off. Tough to say otherwise. I would check the fuel level, just in case your draw tube has a hole in it? No smoke when you crank? Tell us anything else that might have happened? The switch in the cab is sticky? let us know.

#4 ·
If it just shut off, it must be electrical? You should use a test light and make sure you have current to the shut off. You can use a jumper wire and go direct from the battery to the shut off. Tough to say otherwise. I would check the fuel level, just in case your draw tube has a hole in it? No smoke when you crank? Tell us anything else that might have happened? The switch in the cab is sticky? let us know.
Ill let u guys know thanks for the replys

#5 ·
I held open the fuel shutoff lever near the Fuel solenoid and still nothing
This overrides the electrical system, and makes me think its a fuel supply problem. Had a crank/no start once with a 7140, but it would cough just once if the shutoff was manually opened. Traced down to a bad ground for the fuel shutoff.

#7 ·
My 7220 will do the same thing. It is the solenoid in the fuse box in the lower right corner of the cab. Mine will restart though and usually only dies when you turn the wipers on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.