Hay & Forage Forum banner

SERICEA LESPEDEZA anybody fought this.

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  bluefarmer 
#1 ·
I have this in my hay field. Anybody had a problem with it? I sprayed last year and it looks worse this year. Any ideas? I am wanting to shred it. I found Cimmeron Max gets it but should be applied in the bud or flowering stage. That means no shred.

#5 ·
Remedy and pasture guard and supposed to be the best on sericea lespedeza. If it is very mature now I would mow it to prevent seed production and let it regrow to the bud stage before spraying to get a better control.
Can you graze after spraying either of those? I have two horses that run on it and one is pregnant. Gpt twp much invested in them to chance.

#9 ·
I thought thru reading the post that you had some weed in your lespedeza hay field, and I was looking for the picture. Grazon will take out SL, heavy 2,4D will knock it back, but maybe not kill it, as 2,4D is one of the few things you can use on SL.
No I have SL in my hay field/pasture. I sprayed Grazon last year and it came back stronger this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.