NH Bale Monitor problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joneas

joneas

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hello all, hopefully there is someone here that can help me with my problem. I have a 2007 NH BR750 baler w/autowrap and Bale Monitor. I just pulled it out to bale this weekend and had a strange problem. The Bale Monitor Beeps continuously until the bale is ready and THEN quits beeping - just the opposite of the way it used to work. Once the bale is ejected, it begins beeping again. I have cleaned contacts, sensors, and moving parts to the best of my ability. The local NH dealer has offered little advice so far ...

Is this just a sticky relay issue, if so, how can I test each relay?

Thanks for any assistance.

Jones

#2 mike10

mike10

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Locate your bale counter and follow the spring and chain until it attaches to a cam on the bottom side of the autowrap drive unit. The cam has a notch in it which the roller on the switch sits in when in the home position. It sounds like the cam slipped on the shaft and the roller is not in the notch any more. Loosen the cam and adjust it so the roller is in the notch.
  • Vol, NDVA HAYMAN and Tim/South like this

#3 joneas

joneas

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thank you. I will take a look when I go by the farm tomorrow. It is definitely NOT something I would have checked ....

#4 joneas

joneas

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

I fully checked this mechanism but it seems to be properly seated and operational. In fact, with the Monitor powered on (and constantly buzzing) it did not make a difference if the roller was in contact with the cam or not ... it just kept buzzing.

If anyone has any additional suggestions, I would be grateful. Thanks again.

Jones

#5 mike10

mike10

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

The Bale Monitor Beeps continuously until the bale is ready and THEN quits beeping - just the opposite of the way it used to work. Once the bale is ejected, it begins beeping again.

The system works like this. When the auto-wrap is not tripped the roller on the switch arm is in the notch of the cam preventing the circuit from completing. When you reach the point where the auto-wrap is tripped to tie, the cam rotates and pushes the arm and roller closer to the switch completing the circuit and the alarm sounds. As the cam continues to rotate the high side of the cam moves away from the roller and the arm moves away from the switch and the alarms stops. The cam continues to rotate and when the high side comes around again it pushes the roller and arm closer to the switch causing the circuit to complete momentarily and the alarm sounds to alert the operator the tying cycle is complete. The cam continues to rotate until the roller to falls in the notch at the completion of the tying cycle and silences the alarm.

Since the alarm stops beeping when it starts its tying cylcle indicates the switch is working and the wiring is good. Did you trip the auto-wrap to start the tying cylce and then shut the pto off once the high side of the cam was past the switch? When the cam is away from the switch you can manually move the arm with the roller on the swtich to check if the alarm sounds when the arm is closest to the switch and silent when it is away from the switch.

The switch is mounted in sloted holes and even if the roller is in the notch of the cam the adjustment may not be correct and the swtich is still completing the circuit.

#6 Nitram

Nitram

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationMarion Kansas

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

If not that could it be the near full or full bale sensor misbehaving? or possibly the tail gate locked sensor ( on the super j I have it is not quite adjusted right but the indicator shows on the panel as well) Just throwing out options. Is there no indicators on the monitor showing up? If not sounds like Mike has you on the right path Martin

#7 joneas

joneas

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

sorry for the delayed response. The ONLY thing that prevents the beep is disconnecting the wire at the sensor. I have cleaned and smacked it w/ a hammer to no avail. A replacement thru messicks is $25 - i guess at this point - Im looking at replacing.

Thanks very much for the detailed responses and I appreciate the info Mike on the way the autowrap works w/ the sensor - really helped me understand it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users