• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 ARD Farm

ARD Farm

• Members
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth East Michigan

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

To everyone with no payment book (or a well-to-do benefactor), I'm with you 110%. I have no payment books either, at least for now.

However, the swan song of the 135 no interest no down is calling me and my credit rating is superlative.

I never considered any tractor under 90 horses to be a viable tractor for running hay tools efficiently, especially round bailers and discbines., something I found out a few years back when I traded up to my present Kubotas which also sip fuel... and of course I wont sell either, just add another. Sometimes I think that the fuel will grow algae in the tanks on the M9, it's that miserly on fuel and the 105 is right there in GPA as well.

I tell my wife that at my age it's hard to change implements (it is actually, especially if the implement is heavy and cumbersome like a mower). Much easier to have a tractor hooked to an implement almost all the time. I'm not sure if she buys into that line of thinking but I haven't gotten a firm no on the 135.

BTW, I have an M9000 and a 105X, both FWA with loaders.

This is green country here and I run orange with no malice whatsoever. Some fool has to buy that green crap. :D

#22 JD3430

JD3430

Alleged hay master

• Members
  • 4,728 posts
  • LocationPA & DE

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

I would love to move up the ladder above 100HP, but I'm only in my 2nd year of haying and the coffers are low. No new payment books for me- the EPA has these new tractors so junked up, I can't see buying a new one.
Meanwhile I'm doing fine running my 648 sileage special and enjoying the fuel savings of 64 paid-off horsepower!! :)
  • Nitram likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users