#1 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5,006 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

7/9/2012

Would like to purchase a good used Brillion Sure Stand Seeder SSBP-10 or SSBP-8.....this is a standard series model with two seed boxes and three point attached. Would consider a older model if it didnt come here on the Mayflower and is in very good condition and dry stored. Send details and price.

Mike
atnvol@aol.com

#2 NDVA HAYMAN

NDVA HAYMAN

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Mike, One of my neighbors has an 8' sitting out next to the road for sale. Driving by, it looks almost new. Has been sitting out for 3 months. I will stop and get a price if interested. Did not pay attention if it's 3 point or pull type. Mike
  • Vol likes this

#3 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5,006 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, give it a look(model) and see what he wants. Appreciate it.

Mike

#4 CockrellHillFarms

CockrellHillFarms

MrBaleMan

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationFreeman, MO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

U and me both Vol. I think I will end up buying another one before the fall. This spring I went out to plant some Brome. Went about 5 inches and heard a loud noise. (never good). I guess the agitator in the seed box was locked up? Not sure y or how. Ended up breaking the cogs and chain. Shouldnt be a big deal to fix. Went to order the parts and they dont make them any more! Cant get them from Brillion so not sure where else to look. So I may buy another one or do some math on gear ratio etc. and rebuild it with some gears and chain I have laying around. No idea why it froze, didnt have a clue it was froze. Just made me sick that, that happened. Mine is old, 10 ft pull type but it still worked perfectly before now. There's no better way to plant brome or alfalfa than with a brillion. At least in my opinion. One pass or two if you do a half rate and cross the field. Then your done.
  • Vol likes this

#5 slowzuki

slowzuki

• Members
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationNear Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

I've read of folks converting their old brillion's to roller chain and sprockets without much trouble.
  • Vol likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users