http://progressivefo...ases&Itemid=154

#2 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5,329 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

Don't have that problem here, we do have what we call thirteen stripe ground squirrels, small about the size of a chipmunk and they burrow. Small enough that they don't cause much harm themselves, but dogs, coyotes and foxes try to dig em up for a easy meal and then a mess is made out of a hayfield. I keep rodent bombs on all the hay making tractors, especially works well after raking if you see a hole that has been cleaned out after the wheel rake drags a little dirt into it.
  • Gabrovic likes this

#3 Gabrovic

Gabrovic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Have you see the propane igniters? They're pricey, but they sure can mess up a gopher's day. The machine induces propane into the tunnels and then ignites it. Often you will see a gopher(s) flying out of the ground.

#4 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Have you see the propane igniters? They're pricey, but they sure can mess up a gopher's day. The machine induces propane into the tunnels and then ignites it. Often you will see a gopher(s) flying out of the ground.

Yea I bought one.Asked the guy if gaurenteed to work.He said he would come out if it didn't work he drove by all the time on I-90.Well it didn't work that well and the guy would not stop.He claimed 90% kill rate ,I would say 25% if lucky.I think it just gave the gophers a headache and pissed them off then they rebuilt their mounds.

Very time consuming and a lot of work.Was kinda fun tho at first thinking it was killing them and dirt flying.Caddy Shack.LOL.

It may work in harder soils then here but I think our soil gives to much and did not hold concution in enough to kill them. :confused:

Got rid of it on Craigslist and got most of my $ back. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users