24 replies to this topic

#21 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,080 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Get ready to buy pickup teeth now with the JD.Guys replace teeth daily baling cornstalks here with JD's

#22 balerguy1975

balerguy1975

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

We will see, no cornstalks where I live. I have now baled 1200 this year and still have all the teeth which is a major improvement over my 566 I had.

#23 Tim/South

Tim/South

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

My friends with green balers have all switched to the square looking teeth and are impressed. The old pick up teeth must have been a weak point.

On the net wrap issue.
A fellow told me that JD and Vermeer net was the same system until Vermeer updated to their new net wrap system. The guy spoke with robust authority so I have little faith in his proclamation.
He said that neither company made their own net wrapping system in the beginning and both used the same one. Deere tweaked theirs better than Vermeer and made it better than the original design.
Then Vermeer designed their own which is on the newer balers today.
I have no way to verify what he said.
Does anyone know if any of that is true?

#24 Iowa hay guy

Iowa hay guy

Hay Master

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

i can tell you that deere and vermeer dont use the same system cuz until the m baler vermeer had 2 inch wide belts that ran on the net to carry it to the bale and im pretty sure that deere never did this

and on the pickup teeth the square ones are all you can get from 2008 on cuz mines a 08 and it has all square and i ate a cattle panel and straightened 2 teeth and away we went cuz it didnt break any there were a few other parts that went in the scrap but no teeth

#25 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,080 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

I think the only similarity was that both JD and Vermeer had feed rolls that feed the net in to baler.They were not exactly the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users