• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 2,326 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

Well, cut 26 ac of first cut alicia hybrid, saw that the new herbicide I tried didn't dent the Bahai, back to Pastora. Really light and full of damned grasshoppers, first cut goes to landowner for cows so they'll love the protein, dimillin next week as well as hay king, all goes according to plan until after baling about 5 bales the pto decides to quit working wtf, well after some deliberation.....enter cussing here.....came to the conclusion that the solenoid on the 6420 is bad....course that was at 830 last nite.....baled it today on fathers day with the open cab 5320.....miserable. But.....Got er done!

#2 NDVA HAYMAN

NDVA HAYMAN

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hey, Don't feel bad. At least you had another tractor to bale with so you could finish. I had a 5320 pulling an accumulator baling straw yesterday while I baled timothy with my 6430. They thought that they would hijack my a/c but that didn't happen. I do like square baling with my 5320 sometimes cause you can hear everything going on with your equipment. Mike

#3 DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

If I need to hear the equip I open the back window. Said it many times...I wouldn't be in the hay biz w/o a cab tractor, wouldn't be able to see the windrow for sneezing and watering eyes. I'm soft.

• somedevildawg likes this

#4 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,569 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

I do like square baling with my 5320 sometimes cause you can hear everything going on with your equipment. Mike

Yeah, and you can still here it at 10:00 at night while laying in bed with that ringing still in your ears and that baler plunger still in your head banging away......I'll just keep my cab tractors for square baling. :P

Regards, Mike
  • Tim/South likes this

#5 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Never ran a small square baler with a cab tractor before. A couple of years right after we got rid of the dairy cows we were putting up around 400 acres in idiot bricks using a 276 Hayliner and 6 big thrower wagons. Figure even eating dust while baling still wasn't a bad as a job as being stuck in the loft on a 95 degree day.

#6 NDVA HAYMAN

NDVA HAYMAN

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Did I forget to say that I also can't hear the cell phone ring? :)

#7 JD3430

JD3430

Hay Master

• Members
  • 3,846 posts
  • LocationPA & DE

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Just broke glass door on my 7040 last night.
Was driving with door partly open (STUPID!!!!!!!!! do not do as I do!!!!), caught the side of a 4x5 roll and the glass exploded into the cab. Got a nice gash on top of my hand, too. :)
Now I have a tractor with cab/AC and a nice big vent to let the 98* heat in, too. :D

Naturally, the replacement door will be here Thursday after heat wave is over.

#8 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 2,326 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

I wish I had been square baling....just rounds with as many wraps as it can do......didn't even use the monitor,couldn't hear it go off anyway.....couple of bales got wrapped twice :(. Looked like pigpen when I got off, grass in ears, eyes, and ass. Jumped straight in swimming pool when I got back to house, wife thought I was crazy....but she took that op to bring me my fathers gift....a mask and snorkel as we are heading down to the gulf to do some scalloping on the 1st of July. Back out to field today to run the hay king and get some granular or liquid gold!

#9 Teslan

Teslan

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1,794 posts
  • LocationWeld County Colorado (Northern Colorado)

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

I wouldn't be in the hay business either without cabs due to allergies.

#10 DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

Just broke glass door on my 7040 last night.
Was driving with door partly open (STUPID!!!!!!!!! do not do as I do!!!!), caught the side of a 4x5 roll and the glass exploded into the cab. Got a nice gash on top of my hand, too. :)
Now I have a tractor with cab/AC and a nice big vent to let the 98* heat in, too. :D

Naturally, the replacement door will be here Thursday after heat wave is over.

I think everyone w/ a cab has done this (what a horrible sound). You don't do it twice though...doors are shut if tractor's moving!

#11 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 2,326 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

I ve done it

#12 Will 400m

Will 400m

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Locationwoodstock and lebanon ct

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Befor I started baling I had wicked bad allergies to the point I couldnt go out without taking something for them. After being in the kicker wagon for a week streat with all that crap blowing at you it cleared up I guess my body built up a tolorence and havnt had an issue since. I run an open cab but hope to get at least a conopy this year to cut the sun down. As for the noise I wear ear muffs and they dont cut the noise down so low that when im not spacing out I can tell when things are starting to go badly. Of corse my hat dont fit with my big head and the muffs so I get burnt every time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users