Round Baler

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mbj359

mbj359

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

I have a JD 566 round baler that is as clean as they come. It has 2600 bales through it but no net wrap. I want net wrap.I I am considering upgrading to a 4x6 baler. JD 467 and 468 are on my list. I have a NH dealer close also. What about a BR 7070 NH? Some of the locals traded JD's on NH round balers in the past several years and some have stayed with NH and some went back to JD. I am not trying to start a JD vs NH post but would like to hear some thoughts on both brands.
  • mbj359 likes this

#2 mbj359

mbj359

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

After posting this thread I did a search and found quite a bit of info on this topic.Please feel to chime in with any additional info.

#3 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5,440 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

After posting this thread I did a search and found quite a bit of info on this topic.Please feel to chime in with any additional info.

Care to post some of your findings.....I would really be interested.

Regards, Mike

#4 mbj359

mbj359

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Searching this site reveals tha people pretty much like what they have. Each brand seems to have its followers and no real rock throwing at any of them. I can tell you I have more concerns about the NH than the JD. I just want to make sure I do my homework befoer pulling the trigger. I have a perfectly good baler now and dont want to buy a headache.

Concerns about NH are:
Net wrap in the front(ease of changing roll, lots of moving parts for net to tangle in)
Tightness of bales
Choking of baler( Have never choked a JD,been through this with Vermeer)
Changing crop conditions and baler handling it with no problems(changing from grass to straw or crop stubble)
Design seems complicated

#5 JD3430

JD3430

Alleged hay master

• Members
  • 4,502 posts
  • LocationPA & DE

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

I didn't hear a lot of good about the BR balers. I decided on a 648 sileage special with bale command plus.
I heard they were great balers and NH had "perfected" that line of balers before they switched to the BR series.
I liked the Deeres better, too, but couldn't afford the extra 25% most dealers charge for them.
I don't think you'll go wrong with either. I kind of like the fact that the NH balers are made right near me in New Holland, PA. They're very common & plentiful in this area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users