• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 steve IN

steve IN

Hay Master

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Has anyone used the new herbicide Chateau by Valent? I have used Pursuit in the past but it kills off the Orchard grass. I really dont want to spend the money and plant RR alfalfa. Any help would be appreciated. Steve

#2 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5,282 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

What I read said not to use on mixed grass stands.....just straight alfalfa... before it reaches 6 inches tall and not after 25 days before harvest.

Regards, Mike
  • steve IN likes this

#3 Norseman

Norseman

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

What about 2-4-DB? Not much alfalfa grown around here, but I did talk to an Agronomist who said if they still make 2-4-DB, it should leave the grass & alfalfa, but kill the rest.

Mike

#4 Vol

Vol

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5,282 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

What about 2-4-DB? Not much alfalfa grown around here, but I did talk to an Agronomist who said if they still make 2-4-DB, it should leave the grass & alfalfa, but kill the rest.

Mike

Never used db(butyric acid active), but you have to have a pesticide license to purchase....here is a link to the label on 175...200 has a little more butyric in it.

Regards, Mike

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld3OO007.pdf

#5 Barry Bowen

Barry Bowen

Freeland Hay Maker

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

You need 10 days of no rain after putting on the DB, and the control is not that great. But it can be better than nothing is the alfalfa can jump up over the weeds and shade them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users