3 replies to this topic

#1 lewbest

lewbest

Hay Master

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Hey guys

Been working on the 315 a bit more (this 100+ F temp we're having every day has really limited me) but the plunger is back in. Reason for pulling it was to check the rollers & replace the right bottom track (old track was bent).

The manual calls for 1/8" maximum clearance between the top of the plunger & bottom edge of the top of the bale case. It's going to take another shim to get that clearance (no way that I could see to measure it before re-installing the plunger). Is there any way that someone knows of to add that shim without pulling the plunder back far enough to get the weight off that track?

Any advice/tips appreciated!

Lew

#2 mike10

mike10

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:46 AM

It is easier to move the plunger back off the track than fight it to get the shim in. Have you checked the clearence throughout the plunger travel. They are usually tighter at the front of the baler than the back. I would hate for you to go to all the work to add a shim and then find the plunger hits the top of the chamber at the front of the baler. You will also need to use longer bolts. 5/16 x 5/8. You will probably need to add an additional flat washer under the head to keep the bolts from sticking above the track.
  • lewbest likes this

#3 lewbest

lewbest

Hay Master

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

It is easier to move the plunger back off the track than fight it to get the shim in. Have you checked the clearence throughout the plunger travel. They are usually tighter at the front of the baler than the back. I would hate for you to go to all the work to add a shim and then find the plunger hits the top of the chamber at the front of the baler. You will also need to use longer bolts. 5/16 x 5/8. You will probably need to add an additional flat washer under the head to keep the bolts from sticking above the track.

Thanks Mike

I'll check it with it pulled forward. bolts no problem; i picked up a handfull of hardness 5 when NH dealer said you had to buy 10 of each length & I wasn't sure which length I needed. Easy enough to cut them to length & grind so they start easy :)

Lew

#4 Edster

Edster

Hay Master

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

Been a while Lew. How's the rebuild going?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users