Looking at a Lely tedder...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 roycec

roycec

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

Anybody ever heard of a Lely model HL 759? I'm looking for a tedder, and have no experience with them, (we've always made do without one, but all of the late rain that we've been having this year is really making me want one.) I've been told about one for sale, but can't find any info on this particular model. Does this model number sound right?

#2 swmnhay

swmnhay

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,000 posts
  • LocationReading,Mn

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

I looked at the Vermeer tedder at Hay Expo.It is built by Lely.They look very well built,alot heavier then others but a lot more $ also.

Is that a used one?model numbers are different on Lely website.

Lotus 770 / 900 / 1020 | Tedding | Lely

#3 roycec

roycec

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

Yes, it's a used one. I talked to the owner over the phone and he confirmed the model number. He also says that it's a two rotor combination machine, and that he's emailing me some pictures. I've read some bad things about the Lotus 300 Combi, though...

#4 Mike120

Mike120

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • LocationHockley, TX

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

I've read some bad things about the Lotus 300 Combi, though...

I've got a Vermeer TR90 tedder/rake that looks like the same thing. I got it cheap and it doesn't get used much because I only need a tedder once in a great while. As a rake it does a good job, but because it delivers in the center the windrows are too close together for me. It does make a great windrow fluffer though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users