• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stumpy(NH)

Stumpy(NH)

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hey Fellas,

I'm the new guy here. I have been learning a bunch on the site lurking. Now I have been looking around the web and stumbled on The Massey website. Has anybody got any experience with the inline balers? Seems to be the way to go for me both for limited hay, transport and storage.

Any ballpark prices?

Thanks

David

#2 Toyes Hill Angus

Toyes Hill Angus

Hay Master

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

Center lines are good balers, although quite rare here ...but the small baler is a thing for the rare few who don't know how to spend a hot day drinking beer under the shade tree. They are all basically a hesston design no matter what name is on the side case, MF, Challanger. These things are made to eat hay, and lots of it... I don't own one but would like one someday... Check out tractorhouse.com to get an idea of prices. Good luck.

#3 aussiehayman

aussiehayman

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:27 AM

we have an MF 139.... best baler we have ever owned!

#4 Dill

Dill

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

Frost Farm has a new one on their lot that you might be able to demo. Ted said 18k *this is assuming your in NH.
I just picked up a CIH 8530 that is almost the same baler. I haven't started for the year so I can't tell you how it works yet. But I will say it was way easier to put on the trailer than the JD 328 my father just bought.

#5 Stumpy(NH)

Stumpy(NH)

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Yup, called Frost Farm the other day. Ted was supposed to call me back, but never did. I am in Milford,NH so Frost Farm is pretty local to me. I am going to go look at it this weekend. My hands are tied right now, but who knows what next spring will bring!

I just dropped a little hay today......hope the weather holds.

#6 CantonHayGuy

CantonHayGuy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

A friend of mine bought one about two yrs ago I think. Think he paid around 14k and was not a bare bones model. He told me it has been very dependable; he even joked about it being the only pc. of machinery that wasn't broke on his place at the time. The same dealer he got his at quoted me a price of about 16k..... and it was bare bones.

#7 Dill

Dill

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

That's the only new inline I've seen for sale in our area. Heck its the only inline I've seen, except for the one I grabbed up at Fornier's spring auction. He's got a wagon hitch and a bale chute on it.
I've got to free up 2 of the hay dogs on mine and hopefully give it a test tomorrow. I've got a bit of hay down as well. Just enough to get the winter kinks out of the equipment before I get going. And I have to get the thrower mounted up as well. But I'm really interested to see how it works compared to my old IH 435. I figure if nothing else running it down the road will be safer with all the bike riders and joggers around here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users