Quantcast

Sponsors

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

Baler; 800 to 1200 small squares per hour, Would you buy it?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 downtownjr

downtownjr

downtownjr

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

For Enos...

Hey folks, I need a little help please.

I am a hay farmer, not a marketing guy so I don't know if I'm out to lunch. A few years ago I submitted a design for a small square baler to a major equipment manufacturer that produces 800 to 1200 bales per hour of 70 pound/18 to 22 flake per bale. This design popped into my head while I was crawling in first gear baling 1st cut timothy. There has been lots of back and forth over the years and we are now at the "If we build it, will they come buy it stage?" So this is where I need your help. I want to sorta prove there is a demand for this type of machine in the forage industry. Is there?
800 to 1200 bales per hour, 100 hp tractor requirement, price tag around $45,000 USD. At least twice the capacity of current commercial 14"x18" balers on the market.

Thanks in advance

#2 hay king

hay king

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Locationmission BC Canada (south west Fraser Valley)

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

the top secret word around here is that mchale is building a twin chamber center line with high capacity mabey not that high but for those of us that do more than 10000 bales a year a faster baler would be a god send cant wait to see what happens next

#3 Circle Hay

Circle Hay

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

I dont do near that quantity but would like to see others reply that do. I always like to see the latest on the market. Sounds like a great idea.

#4 somedevildawg

somedevildawg

• Members
  • 2,996 posts
  • LocationTifton georgia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

WOW, thats fast! I saw a setup once that pulled two balers at once, offset balers running on each side of tractors, looked like a good setup once you got the windrows set....twice as fast. I think there is a market.......if it's quality built, if you gotta stop to work on it....no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users