No replies to this topic

#1 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 6,677 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

I take it what you referring to as a carrier roll is the bottom roller? I'm not familiar with a Hesston, but on my standard NH644 I never had problems with the bottom roll wrapping, it was always the idler rollers for the belts. I baled about 35 acres late last fall for silage, had no problems at all, went to a ten acre field and it took longer to bale the ten than it did the 35. Hay kept wrapping in the belt rollers.

If your using the bags, may I make a suggestion? If you can get power back to em, take a shop vac and suck as much air out of the bag as you can before sealing it. If you can't get power to em to run a shop vac, if you have any older vehicles around that still have a carburetor on em, pull the line off for the PCV valve and run a hose from their to the bag.

A little bit of history here, but my Grandfather used to have an Oliver gas tractor (a 70 maybe) and they had a petcock on the intake manifold, if power was ever lost around milking time, they'd run a line off that petcock and could run one milker with the vacuum from the engine.

I have a New Holland 640 standard round baler that we have baled thousands of silage bales with. Never had too much problem. It is a 4x5 baler, but we make the silage bales 4x4 or 4x4.5. I think that that helps.

Thanks for the responses, but we got pounded with rain yesterday afternoon and last night. Looks like we will wait for it to dry.
Maybe I'll experiment in a another field.

Tim
  • rosar likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

× Sponsors