• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bowlnchamp219

bowlnchamp219

John Deere User

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

That pretty much explains it. Ive seen how to rake and everything but how fast do you go? Anything else useful that anyone can add on?

#2 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

I take it your referring to a bar rake? I'm wanting to say I used to rake from anywhere from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 MPH. Don't wanna go too fast or nasty things can happen to a rolabar rake. If you get just the right speed and driving in the proper spot on the row, you should be able to get 90% of the wet stuff on top of the row.

Was raking between 10 and 12 mph today with my v wheel rake. Not sure about a rotary as I've never used one.

#3 bowlnchamp219

bowlnchamp219

John Deere User

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

Sorry should have mentioned that but yes it is a parallel bar. I found a 12 wheel rake for $1,950 and it was sadly just out of my price range.

#4 NEHerdsman

NEHerdsman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

I can't tell you a speed in MPH, all I can say is watch the windrow it's making and rake as fast as you want as long as it's making a good windrow, ground conditions taken into consideration. I could never rake as fast as I wanted with a bar rake, it just wouldn't keep a good windrow after a certain speed. Went with a rotary, like that better...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users