tips plugging on hay preservative rig

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 longtexan71

longtexan71

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

for the last two years I have had problems with spray tops clogging on rig. I have them in the throat of baler as instructed but it seems that i spend too much time unplugging them. Just wondered if I am using wrong tips or if the placement is to close. Welcom any suggestions. thanks in advance

#2 mlappin

mlappin

Hay Master and Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5,356 posts
  • LocationNorth Liberty, Northern Indiana

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

What you using to apply the preservative?

First thing the local guy did that supplies all the farmers in the area with sprayer parts was to take a look at the screens Harvest Tec supplied then gave me some several sizes finer to replace em with. Never plug spray tips unless I've changed tips.
  • longtexan71 likes this

#3 longtexan71

longtexan71

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

Thats what I will do. I changed tips but went bigger. Thank you

#4 nwks baler

nwks baler

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

We also had a plugging problem and like mlappin found Harvest Tec had the wrong screens on the nozzle tips.

#5 Rodney R

Rodney R

Hay Master

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • LocationHamburg, PA

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

I've never had trouble plugging the nozzles, unless they have been changed. Mnay times the screen will stay in the baler - maybe dirt falls in the nozzle when you replace it? Just out of curiosity - some of you have changed screens - what color are the right ones?

Anybody ever loose the nozzles? Had that happen a bunch, till we ground off the plastic body, made it flat on the outlet end, and took a lot off the sides...... now its a little harder to remove them......

Rodney

#6 nwks baler

nwks baler

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

I've never had trouble plugging the nozzles, unless they have been changed. Mnay times the screen will stay in the baler - maybe dirt falls in the nozzle when you replace it? Just out of curiosity - some of you have changed screens - what color are the right ones?

Anybody ever loose the nozzles? Had that happen a bunch, till we ground off the plastic body, made it flat on the outlet end, and took a lot off the sides...... now its a little harder to remove them......

Rodney

The spray tip set I use has 3 Tee Jet and 2 Lurmark tips. They all 5 came with red(50mesh) screens installed. The 2 Lurmark tips are smaller and require green(100 mesh) screens. Once we went to the green screens no more problems.

I have never lost a tip, the way they are mounted in the baler nothing ever rubs on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users