6 replies to this topic

#1 D.S. Farms

D.S. Farms

D.S. farms

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationmariom Ky.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

I just bought a 1209 JD haybine, I have never used a sickle haybine, always a disk bine. Wanting to know if their are any tricks of the trade to operating on of thes machines, or somethin special i need to keep an eye on. Probably be using a JD 4020 with the mower, what gear will i beable to use. I know it will b slower than a diskbine, Ill probably only use it in alfalfa, timothy, and cuttin johnson grass.

#2 Hayguy

Hayguy

Hay Master

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFitchburg,Wisconsin

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

It's been years since we had one , but as I recall the mount for the wobble box was a weak point. This may not be an issue if you keep the cutterbar nice and straight (guards all aligned) and the knife free and easy to move through the guards. 4th gear should work in most hay ,unless it's real heavy or lodged . If you traded your diskbine on this machine you'll probably miss the old one when you see how easy they plug up.

#3 D.S. Farms

D.S. Farms

D.S. farms

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationmariom Ky.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

I traded a wore out 411 NH Diskbine for a vermeer trail mower 3 years ago, I have two different farm about 15 miles apart, and lookin for a second mower just to have for back up, or to run two mowers if i ever get any help. I got the mower dirt cheep and seems to b in ok shape. I miss the 411 already but we wore it plum smooth out, over 13 years of servive. corse I did alot more hay then than I do now

#4 haybaler101

haybaler101

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, Indiana

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

Going from a discbine to a 1209 deere is like going from a car to a horse and buggy. Had a 1209 and a 1219. Good machines, mowed alot of acres. Wobble box was weak spot, keep a good sickle and guards, snub guards definitely. Wouldn't trade my NH 1431 for a whole fleet of sickle machines though.

#5 D.S. Farms

D.S. Farms

D.S. farms

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationmariom Ky.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

UR rite! iVE BEEN WANTING A 1431 fOR A LONG TIME, JUST CAINT AFFORD ONE RIGHT NOW. HOPEFULLY ONE DAY SOON THOUGH!

#6 haybaler101

haybaler101

Hay Master

• Members
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, Indiana

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

I have a slightly used one, 4 years old, that is for sale. Just traded it at Blesch Bros. Equip for a new 7450 or what ever the number is that replaced the 1431.

#7 kamper24T

kamper24T

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:57 AM

I just purchased a 1209 and plan to run it with either a 4010 or 4440 and cut straight alfalfa and brome/clover with it. Is there anyway to strengthen the wobble box? Why is it a weak point?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users