• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lewbest

lewbest

Hay Master

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

I traded for an old baler I think I can get working if I can find some needles for it. One’s broken, one’s bent pretty bad. The needles for a 27, 37, 46, 47 are all the same; part number is 662034R2; it’s stamped into the needle. Could also use the u-shaped bracket they mount on but may be able to straighten mine. Does anyone have any of ththese parts you’d part with? If so please let me know; I’ll try to buy it. email addy in case it don’t show is lew at lewslittlefarm dot com. BTW I found one needle at a junkyard today but it looks to be slightly bent (he had a bunch of old balers) but most in this area are wire tie; the junker that had the one "maybe good" on it had the other one broken. 

Thanks!

Lew Best near Waco, TX
Please note new email addy
lew@lewslittlefarm.com

#2 lewbest

lewbest

Hay Master

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

I got a lead on a set of needles off a 45 baler; I can find nothing concerning parts for a 45 on the Case IH website; From what I understand the 46 replaced the 45; anyone know if the 45 needles are the same as the 46 & 47 needles?

Lew

#3 WaynesWorld

WaynesWorld

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

Never seen or heard of a 45 sq baler from international.
They made a 27, a 37, a 46, and a 47 that takes the same needle (662034R2).
They made a 57 but it was different.
  • lewbest likes this

#4 lewbest

lewbest

Hay Master

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Thanks Wayne

That's what I found checking the online parts lists. I never heard any more from the guy that said he had the 45. I could find nothing on it. I have found a set for 75 each; even though it's a bit of a pain I may pull the needles off my 47 & put them on the 46 just to be sure it works otherwise before spending the 150 bux (plus shipping of course) not really knowing anything about the 46. My "ideal situation" will be to have one to use & the other as a backup; lost my last cutting last year when my old baler quit & then the rains set in after I raked it before I could bale.

Lew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users