Krone Tedder and Rake

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Don

Don

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

After searching the internet, I am leaning towards a new KRONE KW552T tedder and a new KRONE SW46T rake, and was wondering if anyone out there have had any experience with these.

#2 Krone

Krone

Forage Giants

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:19 AM

Don, where are you located? We can give you some customer names of people in your area that own these models.

#3 Don

Don

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

I'm located Near Erie, PA just 16miles east of the Ohio border.
I talked with an informative gentleman named Kevin Houghtaling that is about three hours east of me.
Great guy and quoted me a much better price than another dealer that is a lot closer to me. He also has both tedders and rakes, so I wouldn't have to wait.
We already have a 2003 model JD 754 tedder and it continues to break at the welds and strip out bolts.
The NH rake is also a 2003 10 wheel rake but we are breaking off tines and we need something that makes smaller windrows and faster drying time.
Thanks for any additional iformation that you can supply.
Don

#4 Production Acres

Production Acres

Hay Master

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:40 AM

Their rakes look good but I have no personal knowledge of them. Their tedder ( I use the 50' model) is the best I have ever used. We have had some maintence with it, but substantially less than with the 36' Kuhn it replaced - The Kuhn was literally a fix or repair daily. As we have to tedd a lot, we have probably covered 30,000 acres with it without a single tine broken. Had a lot of tire issues initially, but they were all replaced with a different brand under warranty.

#5 Krone

Krone

Forage Giants

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

Hey Don, Kevin should be able to give you several customer names - I would suggest calling them - nothing better than a customer's testimonial! Now for the salesman's pitch -the rake and tedder tine arm and tine - we use a round tublular arm and the tines are wrapped around them - this helps hold the tine on the arm and keep it's shape - we very seldom break tines unless they are running in the ground. Also, the tines are angled so both tines hit the crop level. Check out our website for all the key features of the rake and tedder. One additional change to the 552TH last year was a bolt on hub for the wheels - this makes changing a flat easier - just unbolt the tire and rim from the axle hub. Good luck with your search - thanks for considering Krone!

#6 IAhaymakr

IAhaymakr

IAhaymakr

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

I would highly recommend both. I have a twin rotor swadro rake, and just bought a 25' tedder. I got to help put the tedder together out of the crate. Very well built. I also have a smaller kuhn tedder that looks pretty cheap next to the Krone. I previously had a kuhn rake too, but it was miserable to repair and maintain. Krone has been a great company to work with.

#7 Don

Don

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

Thank you for the feedbacks from those that have responded.
I will call Kevin to see if he'll supply me with customers phone numbers that have purchased Tedders and Rakes from him and hear what the have to say.
I believe that customers say how they feel since they have nothing to gain or lose from their opinon.
I had talked to a farmer about a Fendt tractor that we were interested in and he could not rave enough about the tractor, but he was definetly unsatisfied about the dealers service.
Again thanks to all.
Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users