How to get partial bale out of baler

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 triguy46

triguy46

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:10 AM

I fired up the 346 yesterday for a trial run. it made nice bales, 6 of them, and then I broke them up and fed them through a second time. all is working just fine. But since the hay was not completely dry, I've broken the bales and spread them on the ground including the last tied bale. But there is about 1/3 bale inside. Any suggestions on getting it out? SHould I leave work right now to go home and do it or can it wait till this evening?

#2 mulberrygrovefamilyfarm

mulberrygrovefamilyfarm

Mulberry Grove Family Far

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:16 AM

Is they hay really wet in the baler?

#3 4020man

4020man

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

You can either cut the twine and pull it out or manually trip the knotters to tie the bale and pull it out as a tied bale

#4 triguy46

triguy46

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

First the hay wasn't wet as if rained on. but it had been cut the day before and was still green, not dried. but certainly green enough that I didn't want the bales left out still tied.

As re: tripping the baler to tie it as a partial bale, that seems easy enough. any thing that would not make that simple?

#5 hayfarmer

hayfarmer

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

Depending on the number of resistors in the bale chamber, it may be difficult to pull the bale out by hand. First loosen the compression springs. If you can not pull it out by hand you can place a 24 inch long block (4inchx6inch works well). Make sure the block will not hit anything in the chamber and idle your tractor. Just barely let the baler turn then immediately turn off pto. This will force the bale far enought down the bale chute that you can pull it out by hand. Make sure baler does not tie while the block is in the bale chamber or you might break a needle. Its easy to do but must be done carefully and slowly.

#6 triguy46

triguy46

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

Here's all I did, though a friend suggested the block of wood approach, I opted for manually tripping the baler to tie it off short. Then cut the wires and pulled the hay out by hand. Everything seems fine.

I was getting somewhat flabbergasted trying to pull a tied bale out the back.
Thanks to all for the help. I'm new to this but by the time the weekend is over, will much more experienced, the hay is ready to cut.

#7 mf124gy

mf124gy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

I fired up the 346 yesterday for a trial run. it made nice bales, 6 of them, and then I broke them up and fed them through a second time. all is working just fine. But since the hay was not completely dry, I've broken the bales and spread them on the ground including the last tied bale. But there is about 1/3 bale inside. Any suggestions on getting it out? SHould I leave work right now to go home and do it or can it wait till this evening?

When that happens on my MF124 two-twine baler, I just release the bale tensioner, cut the twine, and use my hay fork to dig the hay remnants out of the baling chamber. Reload the knotters and proceed on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users