Quantcast

Jump to content




Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Latest Shouts
Shoutbox is for chatting only!!! No AG related questions here, please post those in the appropriate forum please. Thanks all!
@  mlappin : (01 September 2014 - 09:29 AM) well gonna grind cow hay before the rain, hopefully then put the roll of 309LSI in one of the wire welders and see how much I've forgotten about welding stainless
@  Shetland She... : (01 September 2014 - 06:02 AM) 67° and partly cloudy here in srn NH. Should stay partly sunny and reach mid 80s later. Happy Labor Day!
@  jturbo10 : (31 August 2014 - 02:32 PM) Good rain year for my part of east Texas, except for August. Did not get even an inch of rain on the ranch but have 3 cuttings in the barn. If we get some rain in Sept will get a good 4th cutting so not bad overall.
@  FarmerCline : (31 August 2014 - 10:07 AM) We got a little shower of rain last night but it was only enough to wet the driveway down. We were supposed to have had a 80% chance of rain today but it dropped to 20%. The last rain we had was the 10th of August......the soybeans are needed rain bad.
@  PaMike : (31 August 2014 - 08:46 AM) Bgriffith- I pretty much figure you need to work your butt off and make good decisions on fertilizer, time to cut etc etc and the yields/outcome fall where they will. If you only make 1/2 as much half as last year due to weather/circumstance, then that's just how it is. I didn't realize you have that many head, just to milk 40-50 cows. That is a few mouths to feed...You store the rounds outside?
@  PaMike : (31 August 2014 - 08:41 AM) Its getting dry here too. First time pretty much all year. I just finished up 3rd cut grass. Was going to cut some more, but I need it for grazing now. Fine with me. Barn is full and I already sold a bunch.
@  Vol : (31 August 2014 - 08:05 AM) We have gotten .61/100ths in the last 12 hours or so.....much needed. Things were getting very dry again, but has been the case much of the summer, we got rain when we really needed it. One of the better forage years we have had here in many years. We will get three cuttings on all grass and more on alfalfa. Running out of storage and we have been selling right along. Wonderful problem to have.
@  Grateful11 : (31 August 2014 - 07:47 AM) When 10 acres only makes 50 4x4's that's not too good. It's so dry here the fields are like powder.
@  Grateful11 : (31 August 2014 - 07:44 AM) Same here Bgriffin856, a fair amount of carry over from last year. This year has not be been good for hay in central NC. Tonnage way down here.
@  Karper : (31 August 2014 - 06:21 AM) New holland 570
@  Bgriffin856 : (30 August 2014 - 10:05 PM) mountain of feed when the snowflakes fly. Good thing we have alot of carryover from previous years.
@  Bgriffin856 : (30 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) PaMike, Moose, have around 110-120 head thats newborns up to milking and dry cows. I like putting in as much as I can. Its a good feeling sitting on a
@  Bgriffin856 : (30 August 2014 - 10:00 PM) Another day the weather guessers missed the forcast. 85 and sunny.....another wasted hay day...
@  mlappin : (30 August 2014 - 09:32 PM) Have already got another 3" of rain today.
@  Vol : (30 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) Been catching some of the college football games today.....love this time of year.
@  Vol : (30 August 2014 - 06:32 PM) Just got back from checking the millet and wheat fields.....plenty of Doves....should have a very good hunt.
@  Bonfire : (30 August 2014 - 05:02 PM) Looking forward to opening day of Dove season. May you enjoy yours.
@  big_country : (30 August 2014 - 07:20 AM) 73* and raining 80% today and 50% Sunday. Rain fall for August is about 15 to 18 inches. Bermuda in the field ready to cut.
@  Shetland She... : (30 August 2014 - 05:52 AM) 53° and partly cloudy here in srn NH. Today should be partly cloudy & mid 70s.
@  PaMike : (30 August 2014 - 04:38 AM) Thats still a good bit of hay.

  • 8943 Total Shouts
  • Vol (1496) Top Shouter
  • 1 Total Moderators (Groups)
  • 0 Total Moderators (Members)

1
 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)
1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sproutcreekfarm

Powered by Shoutbox 1.3.2 © 2014, by Michael McCune