Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Shoutbox is for chatting only!!! No AG related questions here, please post those in the appropriate forum please. Thanks all!
@  Shetland She... : (23 June 2017 - 06:44 AM) 69º and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. today may become partly sunny with a slight chance of a shower and a high in upper 80s.
@  Vol : (23 June 2017 - 05:45 AM) That is very good PaMike.....I wish I could find me a 1590 drill like you did on your mower.....a little work, but worth the money.
@  PaMike : (23 June 2017 - 05:12 AM) I hear you on the used discbine, but it all comes down to price...I got $8500 in my 7230 and that includes a newdrive gearbox and going over the cutterbar...
@  Coondle : (23 June 2017 - 01:46 AM) Dangerously dry here too. Had unseasonal summer rain end of January (6 inches) out of a wayward cyclone. Caused useless weeds to grow. March, April and May saw virtually no rain and only a bit over 1 inch for June so far. Had just enough to sow my oats without the opportunity for weed control, and the long-range forecast is not looking good , no decent systems in sight out to 28 days. Keep hitting weather records: Driest April ever, hottest April May and June (so far) ever Wettest January day ever and about the third hottest summer ever.
@  stack em up : (22 June 2017 - 09:41 PM) My sentiments exactly dawg. Reminds me of a saying my brother has, " for every beautiful girl you see, there is a man somewhere sick and tired of her crap."
@  somedevildawg : (22 June 2017 - 08:52 PM) It'd have to be a really clean one for me to buy a used discbine.....at least I don't want any that the folks I know around here have owned :o
@  PaMike : (22 June 2017 - 08:31 PM) Stack did you consider a used machine? You can get a pretty darn nice used machine for half new..
@  FarmerCline : (22 June 2017 - 07:48 PM) Only had a few sprinkles here today.....supposed to get more tonight.....hoping it's not much as the ground has plenty of moisture for now and I need to make 2nd cut alfalfa this week. Supposed to be clear after tomorrow.
@  Vol : (22 June 2017 - 07:36 PM) It has sprinkled since 7 this morning.....and we have a whopping .10/100ths to show for it. We are dangerously dry.....setting up just about like last years drought.
@  stack em up : (22 June 2017 - 07:02 PM) My NH dealer is also my MF dealer, and he said New Hollands terms aren't as long duration, but MF wants more down. If I do buy one, it'll be a NH, just not sure I wanna bite the bullet right now.
@  Vol : (22 June 2017 - 06:31 PM) If I did not want a Deere, there is no banker that would make me buy one. I know Agco/Hesston has 0% financing on their mowers, and Deere does too, so maybe NH does now.....and it is much easier meeting the manufacturers credit terms than banks as the manufacturers are not strapped with banking regulations.
@  stack em up : (22 June 2017 - 04:22 PM) His response was that his brother in law sells Deere machinery up North and he really would like to make a sale. Dumbass
@  stack em up : (22 June 2017 - 04:02 PM) Guess my banker made the decision for me. Hi
@  Vol : (22 June 2017 - 02:55 PM) Well I hope she has more in the box than what she has shown so far..... .06/100ths since this morning. Very disappointing.
@  haybaler101 : (22 June 2017 - 12:35 PM) Cindy is knocking on the door. Going to get a good soaker and just in time. Corn is ready to tassel and beans are blooming.
@  PaMike : (22 June 2017 - 10:16 AM) The setup uses steel rod on bronze bushing with no lubrication. It just wears away...
@  PaMike : (22 June 2017 - 10:16 AM) I like the idea of polyfloorboards, but using 6mm socket heads to bolt everything down is a joke. You can never get all the junk out of a socket head in order to get an allen key in, and 6mm twists right off...
@  mlappin : (22 June 2017 - 10:13 AM) the assembly is shot already after three years? NH isn’t the only one who’s done some ass backwards engineering. I can almost see the poly floorboards so manure don’t rot em out I guess, that or some bean counter found out they can save 3 cents on every one over metal.
@  PaMike : (22 June 2017 - 06:26 AM) NH isn't what it used to be...on many levels. I mostly work on NH equipment and I can tell you some of their new designs are just ass backwards...rebuilding footpedal assembly on a 2014 skidsteer. Pedal assy fastened to poly floorboard. Use a torch and you catch the floor on fire. Us an impact to loosen the bolts and the threaded insert just spins in the poly floor...!!!
@  Shetland She... : (22 June 2017 - 06:24 AM) 62º and sunny here in srn NH. Today should remain sunny with a high in low 80s.

Toggle Hay Talk Hay Talk

Forum Stats Last Post Info

Alfalfa/Hay

Discuss alfalfa, orchard grass, timothy, legumes, teff, and other forage here. Round bales, square bales, and haylage.

• 3,947 topics
  • 40,973 replies
2017 Haying Photos and Videos - last post by Vol

Tractor Talk

Large or Small, no matter the maker, discuss your tractor here.

• 1,035 topics
  • 14,560 replies
John Deere power shift issues. - last post by Tx Jim

Machinery

Discuss mowers, rakes, balers, tedders, accumulators, choppers, and any other machinery.

• 7,892 topics
  • 71,590 replies
Rotary rakes.......left sid... - last post by Trotwood2955

Farm Trucks & Trailers

Discuss pick ups, commercial vehicles, flatbeds, grain trucks, livestock - hay trailers and more

• 207 topics
  • 4,656 replies
Anybody ever swap tandem su... - last post by sixtyninegmc

Weed and Pest Management

Discuss weed management, types of weeds, herbicides, pest management, and insecticides for all regions and plant types.

• 487 topics
  • 3,753 replies
Steps To Better Spraying - last post by haybaler101

Soil and Amendments

Discussions on soil, soil testing, fertilization, conservation, etc. and soil amendments added to a soil to improve its physical properties such as drainage, aeration, etc to provide a better environment for roots.

• 338 topics
  • 2,976 replies
when to fertilze - last post by notmydaytoday

The HayTalk Learning Center

This area is for those videos, books, Extension Papers, and other learning tools. Also add any good reference links to help our community. Please remember your location on this earth impacts what you do. Remember that when looking at the references.

• 281 topics
  • 2,029 replies
Video how a square baler works - last post by Ranger518

Custom Harvesting

Share knowledge and information on custom harvesting and pricing.

• 283 topics
  • 2,664 replies
Going rate for cutting? - last post by The saint

Market Talk

Get the latest news on the alfalfa and hay markets. Round bales, large square, small square, or by the ton. Regional and international markets welcome.

• 424 topics
  • 3,407 replies
Horsey People - last post by broadriverhay

Cover Crops and Related

Anything related to sol management/cover crops.

• 49 topics
  • 268 replies
Planting green - last post by PaMike

Toggle Ranching Forums Ranching Forums

General Ranching

All other ranch talk goes here. Dogs, horses, equipment, and anything else you'd like to discuss.

• 163 topics
  • 1,701 replies
1950's? - last post by RockmartGA

Cattle Discussion

For all questions regarding cattle - feeding, health, and anything else.

• 586 topics
  • 4,734 replies
Brazil beef imports suspended - last post by Waldo

Goat & Sheep Discussion

Discuss meat goats, dairy goats, and sheep.

• 58 topics
  • 543 replies
White Muscle Disease in Lamb - last post by Adimice

Pasture & Grazing

Discuss pasture grasses, maintenance, intensive grazing, fencing, and gates.

• 331 topics
  • 2,373 replies
Shaver HD8 hydraulic post p... - last post by deadmoose

Barns, Buildings, and Storage

A place to discuss different types of barns, buildings, storage and share plans and ideas.

• 140 topics
  • 1,697 replies
Got my Building dropped off... - last post by rjmoses

Toggle General General

General Ag News/Discussion

A chance for those in the community to weigh in on raising other crops and their markets. Also other ag news.

• 654 topics
  • 3,768 replies
Grain Goat - last post by Vol

Agri-Business

Discuss business models, trends, and thoughts concerning all areas of agriculture to include row crops, livestock, marketing, technology, and even our beloved hay and forage industry.

• 457 topics
  • 2,663 replies
Monsanto Collaborates With... - last post by luke strawwalker

Chit Chat/Intros

Shoot the breeze with fellow members about anything. Also, new members can come on in and introduce themselves here.

• 1,654 topics
  • 14,683 replies
Let's See Your Best Fri... - last post by IH 1586

Weather Talk

Talk about the weather right outside your door or anywhere in the world.

• 329 topics
  • 2,677 replies
8,500 acres without water - last post by CowboyRam

Shop Talk

Discuss your workshop, tools, air compressors, barns, storage, and any other gear you want to brag about.

• 261 topics
  • 2,474 replies
Top 10 Farm Ideas. - last post by Vol

Workshops, Conferences, Assocations, and Clubs

Come here to see the latest workshop/conference/Association, and club news for hay and livestock from around the country.

• 40 topics
  • 94 replies
Sioux Falls Dairy Expo - last post by Vol

Survey Says...

Home of the Weekly HayTalk poll. Feel free to post your own and voice your opinion, as well.

• 54 topics
  • 960 replies
Clemson vs. Alabama...Part 2. - last post by BWfarms

Toggle HayTalk Classifieds HayTalk Classifieds

HayTalk Marketplace

Looking for something? Look here, you may find it! All sales are a private treaty between the buyer and seller, HayTalk.com is not responsible.

• 30 topics
  • 148 replies
Kuhns 1534 Accumulator Setu... - last post by Vol

Hay & Straw For Sale

If you have some Hay or Straw for Sale or want to Buy some, this is the place to list it! All sales are a private treaty between the buyer and seller, HayTalk.com is not responsible.

• 7 topics
  • 20 replies
Looking to buy Alfalfa for... - last post by CowboyRam

Toggle HayTalk "Yesteryear" HayTalk "Yesteryear"

Machinery from the Past

Stories and discussions about machinery from the 1970's on back to the first settlers. All types and we love pictures.

• 54 topics
  • 245 replies
International 504 - last post by somedevildawg

Old Time Farm Practices & Suggestions

Any old stories, articles, and pictures on old practices and suggestions...anything from chickens to hay to horses to tools. Suggestions and practices followed back in grandpa or great grandpa's day or even further back.

• 11 topics
  • 63 replies
AC 8550 - last post by slowzuki

Toggle Haytalk.com Vendor Section Haytalk.com Vendor Section

Circle C

• 2 topics
  • 12 replies
Circle C Equipment - last post by discbinedr

Ag Shield

• 0 topics
  • 0 replies
  • No posts to view

× Sponsors

Today's birthdays

• HayMama's Photo

HayMama (53)

• Okie Stan's Photo

Okie Stan (55)

Recent Topics

• 215,368 Total Posts
  • 13,835 Total Members
  • bobthomas Newest Member
  • 872 Most Online

113 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

10 members, 103 guests, 0 anonymous users   (See full list)

Bing, sethd11, Trotwood2955, Google, Yahoo, craighay, Dakba, WV Tractorman, Teslan, mike10, Waldo, swmnhay, bool